These connections will yield more than $18 million in estimated economic impact.
With the help of volunteers and partner agencies, the Benefits Outreach Team completed 5,918 applications, including 257 applications for veterans.
The team also pre-screened 4,185 households to help them determine if they were eligible for federal assistance programs.
200 EVENTS BENEFITS OUTREACH
And the Food Depository participated in more than 200 benefits outreach events throughout Cook County.
- Feeding a positive outlook for veterans >
- Starting the day healthy, not hungry: Advocacy initiatives expand school breakfast, SNAP >
- Promoting health with produce: FRESH Truck officially launches >
- Summer partnerships >
- Food Depository launches Cook County Food Access Task Force >
- Walking to end hunger >
- Never fighting hunger alone: Volunteer participation breaks record in 2015 >
- SNAP team connects thousands to benefits >